It is much simpler than you think…
I know you will instantly mistrust this statement, and that is because you’ve probably tried, and your experience has been unpleasant. So, you’ve become frustrated with the effort and starting to admit defeat.
But before you drop your dreaming, let me ask you something… When you tried in the past, did you have a well thought and outlined strategy, or did you just jumped on the change journey in fire fighting mode, aiming to get results ASAP?
You probably are starting to realize in which direction I’m going here…
The point is: you need a strategy to make changes successfully. And that strategy has to be holistic, not specific to whatever you want to achieve. The specificity comes next, once you’ve outlined your overall plan.
- Understand your emotional state. How do you feel about this? Sad, frustrated, overloaded… Shift that state into positive thoughts. Think about it as a fresh start which this time will work out. The way you feel affects what happens to you.
- Focus: What is your focus right now? Do you see opportunities or only the problem? If you are thinking only about the problem, you will be controlled by fear, and you will be focusing only on the danger. Shift your focus on what you want, not on what you don’t want. Focus on the opportunities. Focus on the solution.
- Reset your options. You can get stuck with the scenario “this way or the highway”. This way of thinking makes you vulnerable as you assume you only have two choices. Expand your options. Force yourself to find another way of doing things – it might not be the best way or guarantee total success, but it will move you closer to achieving your goal.
- Establish positive relationships: Who are the key people in my life? Who do I care about? Strengthen that relationship by opening up about your change journey, your project. Share how you feel and bring love into your life. You will be surprised how much people who care about you will support you when you open up.
The final step
- Define your action plan: How do I solve this massive problem I’ve got? With small actions. What is the smallest step I can take today to start solving this? Break your big problem into smaller objectives and list the activities you have to do to achieve them. At this point is when you begin considering tactical and specific solutions and help you might need:
- Professional help: life coach, change coach, marketing expert, trainer, health specialist…
- Tools and methods: business canvas model, swot analysis, high-intensity interval training program, social media calendar, yoga retreat…
- Learning: university degree, online course, team building, group coaching…
Try this change strategy and turn that dreadful experience into a fresh and positive start. All the time you take upfront to get emotionally and practically prepared guarantees that you will succeed in making this transformation.
You can do this! If, however, you prefer to move faster and skip the learning curve, contact me, and I will be happy to coach you through the steps.